At Wayhome we are reinventing homeownership by co-investing with people who haven't been able to buy a home yet. We’re a small team of Engineers, Property Specialists, Data Scientists and Creatives, who are addressing one of the biggest and most life-changing problems our customers have: namely, how can they get the security and freedom of homeownership for their families and for themselves.
We’re looking for a qualified Accountant to join us during our next phase of growth. Based in the heart of the City of London and reporting directly to Hugh Boyle, our CFO, you will play a key role and be our first hire within the finance function. This is an incredibly broad role, working across the entire financial lifecycle and you'll get the chance to shape how we run finance going forward.
Who you are
- You’ll be a people person. Senior management, the Board and external parties such as external auditors, will be your stakeholders.
- You’ll be a keen presenter, with excellent communication skills.
- You’ll be a self starter, a team player and enjoy working on a variety of tasks.
The skills you’ll have
- You’ll be an accountant, having completed your ACA or ACCA qualification.
- You’ll have experience in financial and management reporting with an in depth knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
- You’ll be proficient in using excel with a good understanding of corporate and indirect (VAT) taxes.
- Ideally, you’ll have knowledge of FCA regulatory reporting, fund accounting and Real Estate Investment Trusts/listed entities.
What you’ll do
- Work on updating our business forecasting model
- Develop new processes to ensure we're as effective and efficient as possible
- Maintain accounting ledgers, process invoices and expenses
- Review and reconcile bank accounts, preparing payment requests and payroll for review by the CFO
- Prepare monthly management and annual statutory financial accounts for review
- Prepare and reconcile quarterly VAT and FCA regulatory returns and annual corporate tax returns
- Assist in preparing annual R&D tax credit claims
- Prepare LLP registration forms, LLP annual accounts and tax returns
- Be involved in business forecasting and planning while preparing Board level reporting.
How we work
- We are a small team which allows everyone the opportunity to get involved in a variety of different areas and projects.
- We use Xero for our accounting and payroll practices, Microsoft office suite for our internal and external reporting and FCA Connect, the regulatory reporting portal.
What we offer you
- Salary of £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London
- Your choice of hardware
- Standing desks and wellness rooms
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee barista
- Training budget to help you grow
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Unlimited holidays. A minimum of 28 days
Apply today and start your next adventure with Wayhome!
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, we are currently unable to offer sponsorship.