Head of Operations
At Wayhome we’re reinventing homeownership by co-investing in a home with people who’ve been locked out of buying using the traditional routes. We’re a friendly team of Property Specialists, Account Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists and Creatives who are addressing one of the biggest and most life-changing problems our customers and their families have: how to get the security and freedom of homeownership.
We’re looking for a Head of Operations to join our cross-functional Operations team to help us launch and scale Gradual Homeownership. You'll take on responsibility for the operations team, of 10-20 people, collaborating with the COO and MD for Gradual Homeownership. As part of the senior team, you’ll support the strategic direction of the product. You’ll guide the operations team through helping our first customers buy homes. And then focus on how we scale. Your work will make a huge impact by helping more people escape the rent trap and become homeowners.
Who you are
- You are an operations leader, with experience in financial services or property
- You have built successful operations teams in early-stage or growing organisations
- You’ve managed and coached successful customer-facing teams in consumer businesses
- You are hands-on, happy to get stuck into a problem when you need to, having a high capacity for detail
- Great at leading, coaching, and managing people, creating an environment of high performance and enabling your team to deliver amazing things
- You're an evidence-based decision-maker. You have plenty of hands-on experience setting KPIs, reporting, and gathering all of the evidence you need to run a high performing team
- You work well under pressure, are a source of clarity and focus during difficult situations
- You operate best when you are given clear goals and allowed to define your own path towards them – but you aren’t shy about asking for help when you need it
- You learn quickly, are highly adaptable, and could get up and running within a couple of weeks of joining
Your skills and experience
- Experience hiring and managing operational teams in growing businesses or scale-ups
- Experience leading operations teams, achieving goals and maintaining KPIs
- Experience growing customer-facing teams in consumer businesses
- Great people management skills able to get top performance out of team members
- Experience working with technical experts as well as operations generalists
- Budget management experience, managing costs and annual budgets for operational teams
Some of the attributes we're looking for
- Great communicator - works with their team and colleagues across the business to ensure deep alignment on strategic and tactical issues, ensures that the actions and decisions made are transparent and cross-functional work is flagged early and often.
- Creates order from chaos - takes difficult problems, with multiple stakeholders, opinions, options and creates solutions with everyone in the loop, aligned and onboard.
- Problem solver - likes to get stuck in, doesn't leave jobs half done or unfinished
- Capacity for detail - able to consume and understand large amounts of detail quickly to made good, evidence-based, operational decisions
What you’ll do
- Deliver for Wayhome’s customers - Guiding the teams who will take customers through our application process, helping them buy their first home and solving their property management problems when they’ve moved in
- Deliver for Wayhome's institutional investors and partners - Overseeing the processes to create high-quality due diligence on thousands of customers and properties, to enable them to make the best possible investment decisions
- Lead a team of 10 to 20 operational people
- Increase our operations capability in customer success, underwriting, property valuation, property buying and property management as we scale
- Create and manage processes that will allow the business to deliver to its goals, to the required quality
- Ensure the operations team maintains compliance with FCA rules, data protection law, landlord duties, and estate agency regulation
- Work with the marketing team to manage Wayhome's customer pipeline, aligning marketing efforts with operational capacity
- Work with the product team to define and prioritise product development work to improve the customer experience and increase operational efficiency
What we offer you
- Salary range between £70,000 and £90,000 p.a. (based on experience)
- Unlimited holidays (a minimum of 28 days)
- We are based out of Bank, but due to Covid are all currently working from home.
What the fully-remote hiring process looks like:
- Submit your CV and cover letter
- A 30-minute initial phone call with one of the team to find out more about your experience, and what you’re looking for in a role and team
- 60-minute competency interview where we’ll delve deeper into your experience
- Take-home product case study (no more than a couple of hours), followed by a 60-minute interview
- A series of “Meet the team” chats with members of the company – around 2 hours total
Apply today and start your next adventure with Wayhome!
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are currently unable to offer sponsorship.
We are not currently engaging with recruiters.
Tags: CRM, Customer Success, Sales progression, financial services, fintech, proptech