Property Transaction Specialist
At Wayhome we are reinventing homeownership by co-investing with people who haven't been able to buy a home yet. We’re a small team of property specialists, data scientists, engineers and creatives, who are addressing one of the biggest and most life-changing problems our customers have: how they can get the security and freedom of homeownership for their families and for themselves.
- Salary £30,000 to £35,000, based on experience
- Your choice of a mac or windows laptop
- Unlimited holiday (within reason, and minimum 28 day/year)
- An opportunity to be granted stock options for high performance
- An office in Bank with all the WeWork bells and whistles, though we’re currently working from home for the majority of the time
For the foreseeable future we are optimising for the majority of our team to be working remotely, coming into the office for key meetings or workshops only. We have a (dog friendly) office in central London if you're unable to work from home or just prefer the buzz of a coworking space but we're keen to provide an experience that works for everyone. The current situation is a change for us, and we are still figuring out the best way to operate in this new reality - if there is a specific way you want to work either short or long term or you have particular requirements, let us know as we're open to discussing it.
We are looking to grow our operations team, and bring in someone who will help take our residential property expertise and processes to the next level. You'll help us keep our pipeline moving, identifying and solving any issues that arise from our due diligence, as well as working closely with third party providers and making sure we have everything we need to buy homes that work for our customers and our investors. We have our own custom tooling that you'll be using to make rental and sales valuations, as well as supporting the end-to-end buying process and continuously improving our customer journey.
You will be working as a part of a large and brilliant ops team, full of proactive and thorough individuals. Together, you'll smoothen out our customer journey and help us purchase more homes for our customers. You will be supported by your colleagues when you need it, and left to get on with it when you don't. The wider company is incredibly talented and you will be working closely with them on a regular basis - COVID-19 is currently interrupting our ability to get together and have fun, but we are still doing what we can (remotely) to keep each other laughing.
What we need
- Exposure to residential property transactions, having run or supported several transactions and dealing with some or all of the negotiation, conveyancing, survey, and progression
- Direct experience of valuing homes
- Comfortable liaising with and challenging other industry professionals (valuers, surveyors, conveyancers)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Someone highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Thinking analytically and comfortable learning new technology
Other good stuff that we are interested in
Important to note, if you are reading this and worrying that you don't have experience with one, some, or any of the items on the list below, please still apply. All of the things here are trainable and are not required for a successful applicant.
- Exposure to fast paced start-ups or other growing business
- Exposure to the proptech/fintech spaces
- A member of the team you will be working with will review your CV. If we don't progress you at this stage, ask us why - we don't offer feedback on every CV by default due to the volume but we're happy to provide feedback if asked
- A 15-30 minute initial phone call to find out more about what you’re looking for in your next role and team, as well as giving you the opportunity to ask about us and the job
- A more in depth chat about your knowledge, experience and motivations and diving into more detail about the role itself.
- There will be a task, which we send to you beforehand and book in a session for you to walk us through what you've done. This will help give you an idea of what the role will entail, while giving us some insight into how you solve problems and your work preferences
- For our final stage, you’ll have a couple of other calls to meet the team you’ll be working with, and ask any additional questions you might have about the business or working at Wayhome. We'll be able to be more specific about these closer to the time but these are really to get a better understand of how you'll work with the team and all of the ways you can contribute to our culture.
End to end this process shouldn't take more than a few weeks, although we're open to being flexible if you require a shorter or longer timeline. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK as we are currently unable to offer sponsorship.
We currently have no plans to work with recruiters on this role, so no recruiters please.
As part of our hiring process we will use a regulated 3rd party to perform suitability analysis on your application, this analysis will include criminal background and reference checks. If you have concerns or questions about this part of the process please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.